Click here to view in a gallery.
UNION, Mich. -- The Sauk Trail Bar & Grille in Union, Mich., is closed after a fire at the restaurant Tuesday night.
Porter Township Fire Department Chief Mike Holdeman said firefighters were called to the fire at 8:15 p.m. and had the fire out in 15 minutes.
Holdeman said that when firefighters arrived the building was full of smoke, but called it "a relatively small fire."
Most of the damage was caused by smoke, he said, while there was "very minor damage from the fire itself."
Marc Lancaster, owner of the restaurant known for its barbecue, said that everything needs to be cleaned and treated for smoke damage.
Because of that and the ongoing investigation, he said he does not know when he will be able to reopen.
Along with the food he usually keeps on hand, Lancaster said he lost more than 3,000 pounds of meat in preparation for his largest catering job yet.
A sign outside the restaurant reads: "Closed. Your BBQ fix back soon." The restaurant and surrounding parking lot is taped off, and the main door and walls near the back of the building are boarded up.
Holdeman said no one was in the building when the fire occurred and there were no injuries.
The Porter Township, Osolo Township, Newberg Township and Edwardsburg fire departments responded to help with the fire, and Porter Township officials continue to investigate.