Donald and Marjory Hershberger
Donald and Marjory Hershberger were married Nov. 11, 1953.
Posted on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.
ELKHART — Donald and Marjory (McCabe) Hershberger are celebrating their 60th anniversary this month.
They were married Nov. 11, 1953, at Simpson United Methodist Church in Elkhart.
They are celebrating with a dinner with family.
Mr. Hershberger was a process development chemist for more than 30 years at Miles Laboratories (Bayer) and inventor or co-inventor of five chemical process patents. Mrs. Hershberger was previously a secretary for the Elkhart City Street Department, a volunteer at the Elkhart County Health Department and co-owner of what was The Old Store Antiques in Bristol.
They have two daughters, Anita Jo (Raymond) Babcock and Kelly (Timothy) Robertson, both of Elkhart.
They have one grandson, Broderick “Brody” Robertson of Indianapolis.
They met on a blind date and are still together. Since the couples nuptials and honeymoon in New York City, both have been active in the community; Marjory spends her time volunteering, especially for the Elkhart County Historical Society where she was inducted in 2010 as an honorary board member, and Don has been active in the Elkhart Art League, the Goshen Photographers Guild and designed the Elkhart High School memorial monument in 1996.
Both are members of Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Elkhart.